Sunday, January 14, 2007

Daily Report: Last/First

Yesterday, I did one of those "spring cleaning" episodes on my life. You know what I'm talking about: Where you sit down and examine everything in your life, and compartmentalize, prioritize, analyze, and realize what needs to stay and what needs to go, wherehowhenwhy everything is going to proceed from this point forward... with pie charts and asset management tablets to boot.

So today was the last day of the old and the first day of the new (expiration/induction at noontime, Thai time). The first afternoon went fairly well, if I do say so.

In the evening, I met up with Stan at Secrets Bar for the Sunday get-together of the PattayaSecrets.com forum members. I met yet another guy who has a house up in Petchabun.

After that, Stan and I went to the New Goldstar Bar for drinks with the owner, and then off to dinner at Stan's favorite German restuarant, and then out for drinks at TQ2.

I drove home on Second Road for a change (instead of Sukhumvit). I see that Pattaya is now building two new shopping malls... or at least 2 that I know of... probably more.

My DSL is still out (hopefully to be fixed/restarting tomorrow), so still no photos, still no travelogue from Laos. We'll see what tomorrow brings... new schedule permitting. (My photo computer... i.e. not my work computer... is also my p1o2r3n4 downloading computer, so I'm really jonesing to get my DSL back up and working.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So where is Petchabun? And what's interesting about it?
JWW