Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Daily Report #1780

Overslept by an hour, started working an hour late, came in about an hour short on the workload by the time lunchtime came around. Subway delivery for lunch.

Pui went to Sri Racha for a Giffarine meeting today. She has 3 people now on her "baby team", Riza, Maid Go, and Willie's wife, Kak. Riza and Maid Go each have one person working for them. Giffarine is an Amway knock-off, so it works in a similar fashion: The more people you have working in the multiple levels below you... and obviously the more stuff they sell... the more money you wind up with.

Riza is an Amway veteran, and is already apparently selling up a storm, and buidling her own Giffarine Baby Team as well. Pui probably has a good future in this line of work.

Early afternoon, 1:30-ish, I set my alarm for 2:15 and laid down for a nap. Woke up at 4:15. Just about right.

Worked until 8:00 (all in all, I came in at about 66% of my goal today). Then it was downstairs for piƱa coladas and watching "Mad Labs" on the National Geographic channel. (Did you know that Asian ear wax is distinctly different from Caucasian and African ear wax? It's true: Dry and crumbly versus wet and gooey.)

I love the things I learn when watching educational TV.

The internet is still behaving oddly here at my house. My speed test and my work-related (i.e. VPN-specific) downloads are lickety-split. Connecting to blogger, or non-VPN-specific downloads are dreadfully slow.

No comments: