Saturday, January 20, 2007

Daily Report: Missing Manky and Sore Asses

I made half of my pre-lunch work goal today. Fuji for lunch. Afternoon work cancelled on account of nap. (I've actually scheduled my Saturday and Sunday afternoons off with The New Schedule, but I had planned on working this afternoon in order to make up for lost work throughout the week instead.) So that ended the week on a crap note. Bleh. (Still however, way WAY beyond where I normally am at this point in the pay period.)

This evening I sat down with Pui and Go at the kitchen table and drank beer. Maid Go has a crush on Franky, but can't remember his name. "I want to see Manky again."

Every once in a while, you stumble across something that Thai people have never seen before, but you would assume everybody on earth knows about. This evening, I took a damp washcloth and made a rat-tail out of it, and gave Pui a (very light, gentle) little snap on her backside through her jeans while she was standing at the kitchen sink. (Having been a springboard diver in my school days, I was always armed with a chamois, and I'm an ace at rat-tails.) Pui of course was a little pained and annoyed... although generally uninjured.

Maid Go, never having seen a rat-tail smack before, chastised Pui for over-reacting, thinking that getting a soft piece of washcloth fabric smacked lightly against your bottom was no reason for hysterics. Just to prove her point, she offered up her own backside for a swat from me. (She was wearing thin linen shorts... a mere wisp of material when compared to Pui's stout jeans.) No... I didn't hold back this time:

BLAM!

I call it "cultural education the hard way." Maid Go won't be sitting down in a 2-cheeked fashion for the rest of the evening.

No comments: