Thursday, January 18, 2007

Daily Report: Thursday At TQ2

Standard morning, as far as work goes. I invited Willie for lunch, but he cancelled at the last minute (due to running out of gas in Nakhon Nowhere) and I settled for home-made chicken lo mein for lunch.

This afternoon kind of sucked, since I took a nap, and quit work early to go to TQ2.


Franky and Bob...
Not necessarily in that order.
TQ2 was fun as per usual, with all of my friends in attendance. Bob, Alf, and Franky from Arizona were there, as well as Stan and Fred.

After I left TQ2, it was a quick stop at Champion A Gogo wih Stan and Jew for a quick 2 drinks before hitting the gyro and roti stands before heading home.

I drove along Soi Buakow tonight on my way home. It's amazing how many bars, restaurants, and stores have opened up recently catering to toursts - literally hundreds in this past year on just one street alone.

You can say what you wan about Pattaya - that it is doomed, overdeveloped, or just generally crap... but there are a bunch of millionaires building millions of dollars worth of properties in Pattaya who are betting against you. Eiher you are smarer than they are, or Pattaya is on the verge of becoming a world-renowned tourist destination. Take your pick.

No comments: