Monday, March 20, 2006

Woof Over Your Head

Mike told me, "Mickey never goes inside... he knows better."

Not quite true. Mickey just knows that there are some places that he gets more trouble than it is worth for entering, and that is defined as "inside."

For Mickey, "inside" is defined as the place where claws, teeth, tan fur, and a banshee-like feline howl come crashing down on his head from heaven above. He won't go there now.

However, my office, lying down behind my chair as I work... that apparently isn't "inside" for Mickey, as he is lying there as I type this.

The kitchen, where all the yummies are, accessible by the back entrance... that's quasi-inside. The chance of getting some food makes the "more trouble than it is worth for entering" part come into play, and it is a 50/50 wager as to whether Mickey will put up with a sound thrashing from the cats in order to score some scraps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe Mickey is testing you, he did not win with me. New house, new rules maybe!!