Sunday, March 26, 2006

Quiet Night At Home

I had Stan, Rick, and Mike over for a "Jil's Lazy Saturday Night Boozer", and between the four of us, we put away a bottle of vodka, and half a bottle of gin... and my entire stock of tonic water. We talked mostly about things like how unlucky Stan was to have owned 4 different brands of car... Ford, Vauxhall, Range Rover, and Nissan, and after he rolled each one, he couldn't get any of them to immediately restart. (Rolling over, of course, is just part of life.) We all agreed that there is a conspiracy amongst car manufacturers that they have installed a switch that disables a car once it has been upside down, because our mechanical minds couldn't come up with any other answers.

It was a beautiful night for a soak in the pool also, with the water and air temperatures being each just about 88ยบ. Rick ate all my olives, Mike ate all my cheese, I ate all my chips. Stan wasn't hungry.

The party broke up at 11:00, and I was asleep by midnight... the first night of my 2-week vacation.

No comments: