Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Out For A Beer

Tuesday night is free Bob's food at TQ2... assuming you are willing to start your evening at 5:30 p.m. or so. (The free spareribs, chicken, shepherd's pie, egg rolls, jalapeno poppers, et. al. are pounced on so quickly that unless you are sitting in the bar the moment the food comes out, you won't get any.)

As per usual, it was the everybody-buy-a-round gig. It was my intention to leave at 7:30, but 2 complimentary beers were delivered to me at 7:10, and by 8:00 when I was getting caught up, another, and then another, and then another beer arrived, and I finally managed to be beerless at 10:00.

I had a good time chatting with this fellow Cliff, a retired VP from Payne Webber. He recommended that if I wanted to invest in gold, then I should buy stock in South African gold mining companies, which is clever.

Mr. Magoo, a local Scottish personality showed up as well. Exceptionally amusing guy with this high-pitched, excited voice that made it sound like everything he said was the punchline to a joke that he considered exceptionally funny.

I also chatted with Bruce, a manufacturing exec from Australia who was in Pattaya for the first time, and is already considering a move here. Stan and I advised him on the sensibility of the take-it-slow approach to settling down in Pattaya.

We all were pretty toasted by the end of the evening... and my belly was making sloshing noises from the 2 or 3 liters of beer I had put away. Just another typical Tuesday night in Pattaya, I suppose.

No comments: