Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Bonding

Pot seems to have adopted me, as it were. I'm officially his walking guidebook now. I gave him grape juice, but he didn't like it until he saw me drinking it. Chocolate milk? It's all he asks for now. I ate hamburger and potatoes the other night for dinner. Now Pot marches into the kitchen and demands Go serve him beef-only meals: "Shop neua!"

Of course, I have to be careful now. I made Pot and myself breakfast this morning: Eggs sunny-side up with toast. I finished eating, and then ran my index finger along the outer edge of the dish to wipe up some last egg yolk and lick it off, and then looked up to see Pot with his own index finger plugged square in his gob. Oops.

Now Pot likes to smack me with pillows... but that's because I do the same to him. He actually makes better Batman-esque "spoosh-boffo-whap" sounds than I do. He will sit for hours with a cat on his lap petting it while watching cartoons, following my lead. He runs around the house without any pants on... err... heheh... don't know where he got that from. He climbs onto my bed after lunch to try and take a nap with me, but gets bored after about 4 or 5 minutes, and runs off... but he gets credit for the effort.

So I'm going to have to get used to this parental authority figure thing. That really sucks, because it means that I can't tell Pot he is limited to one glass of chocolate milk per day, and then get caught not applying the same rule to myself. (Not that I won't have several glasses of chocolate milk per day... get real.) It means that I have to limit my childish behavior to places where Pot can't see me. That really stinks too, because picking my nose while watching cartoons was a highlight of my day.

1 comment:

Issarat said...

My last meal at 13: A big bag of doritto's and a 2 liter of Mt. Dew.
Now: Grilled lobster tail with chili sauce and a tortillia and a couple of margaritta's.