Saturday, March 11, 2006

Vacation Coming Up

I'm being forced to take a vacation. Well... it's a case of either using the 2 weeks of paid vacation days I have, or having them expire on April 25th.

I'm just not a vacation person, I guess. I consider a day off, sitting around the house, a vacation. Going down to Walking Street qualifies as a vacation. Sitting around bullshitting with friends is enough to recharge my batteries. Besides... any longer time away from work, and I start getting all antsy and uptight, feeling like I'm... well... being lazy.

Well, that's all beside the point now. I either let my company give me 2 weeks' pay for nothing, or I work those 2 weeks like a proper workaholic. (No... I'm not that stupid.)

So Rick of Margaritavilla and I will be going up to Vientienne in Laos for a while to check out some property that he bought up there, and then possibly on to Luang Prabhang. From there, depending on how much time I have left on my vacation, and how antsy I am, I may wander over to Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai. I really don't know, other than Vientienne, where I'm going to go.

Well, it will be fun, I'm sure... I hope.

No comments: