Saturday, March 11, 2006

Out For Lunch

Saturday afternoon means out for lunch, and then a visit to Tesco Lotus. Tomorrow is Steve's son's fifth birthday, and as per usual, Steve has enlisted all of his friends to each buy a toy dinosaur in exchange for free food and beer. Thus, it was off to Tesco Lotus for toy shopping.

I've finally decided that each of the department stores in Pattaya specializes in a different thing. Tesco Lotus on Sukhimvit Road is where you go for party snacks, as they have literally 2 full rows of nothing but chips, cookies, and candy. Friendship has the best liquor and pastry selection, while Carrefour has the best cheese and fresh fruit selection. For wine, you go to Foodland, and since Tops is the only place with Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream so far, they get the nod for that.

For some reason, there is a tonic water shortage in Pattaya at the moment. This of course is a borderline tragedy/emergency. Fortunately, I found a whole case of it hiding at Tesco Lotus in the back and grabbed it, so I am safe for the time being. I also grabbed a bottle of Seagram's Gin since all my British friends seem to really dig it, even though I have fancy-smancy Bombay Sapphire on offer at my bar at home.

Oh... also grabbed a kid's size motorcycle helmet for Pot. (Not that I will be any less nervous about riding around with him on my motorcycle, but at least... well... at least.)

Finally, I bought all the Harry Potter books translanted into Thai for Pui to read to Pot. I remember my mother reading bedtime books to me, and figure that it is a nice (and educational) thing to do for Pot.

Then, it was off to Pizza Company where we stuffed ourselves, of course. Then a dip in the pool.

No comments: