Friday, March 03, 2006

Friday Cat Blogging

This is Khun Khek. I consider him the middle child for some reason. As you may or may not be able to see, Khun Kek (exactly like his Uncle Pramoj) has nothing but a little right-angle stump for tail. For a cat, this is exceptionally similar to a dragster without wheelie bars, or an airplane without an elevator... without the help in the back, the nose doesn't stay pointed in the right direction.

When it comes to leaping off my bed (as shown here), Khun Khek was having a hell of a time, landing quite literally face first (with a disturbingly awful splut sound). After 3 or 4 times of this, Khek realized that landings probably were not supposed to be this painful, and altered his style.

Now, he goes with the flow: He gets his face down and through, and lands flat on his back.

Yup... only genius cats in my house.

2 comments:

Cynthia Haller said...

I'm a regular reader of your blog, me being an expat too :-)

And I LOVE Friday cat blogging, those little kitties are so cute.

Jil Wrinkle said...

Yes... I can't figure it out. The kitties are so photogenic. If I actually spent time trying to photograph them, I could probably put together an award-winning funny-cute-and-sappy coffee table book of kitty photos and make a big ol' pile of money.