Saturday, March 25, 2006

Illegal Immigrants

I'm not against illegal immigrants... technically being one myself. However, the thing that disgusts me is immigrants who (a) can't support themselves wherever they are at, and (b) can't fit in to the local culture.

Yes... I disgust myself.

Well, not as much as others disgust me. But... eww.

If you live in New York, London (or Pattaya) and you're always broke and struggling, and perhaps taking advantage of government and charitible services, then you should go home. If you live in New York, London (or Pattaya) and you can't walk in to a store and say, "I'd like to buy a red shirt please," in your host's language after living here for 2 or 3 years, then you should go home.

(Yes... I specifically gerrymandered those qualifications so that I wouldn't have to leave Pattaya. One of the few things I can say in Thai is "red shirt". Hmm... I wounder if Pui qualifies as a charitible service?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you think of an immigrant who, after 3 years in his host country, still uses language like: "our next president" and "ruining this country". "Our next president"? "This country"? Did you come back to New York in the last few days? Hmmmmmmm, Mr. Red Shirt?

Anonymous said...

Illegal immigrants problems are everywhere, most of these people are push into it because of economic reasons. In Singapore, they have migrant hookers from China who flew in for a 2/3 weeks stay to solicit customers, flew back and flew in again. (I have a colleague who got a call from a china hooker after a period of 3 months).

Thanks for the recommendations and tip on Pattaya. I have return back to KL. (didn’t manage to do much in pattaya, as most of my time is taken up by work, went for an Alangkarn cultural show, thai massage, bar hop in TQ2, Beavers, Simon Bar, and 2 others which I forgotten their names, problem is none of the bars here issue receipts).

My verdict of Pattaya: good for cheap beers, but the gals are not exactly gorgeous and can be a pain in the ass, as they keep pushing you for tips. Heck I find the cashier way better looking and demure than those dancers.