Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Show Must Go On, I Guess

The Discovery Channel had a show on tonight called "The Boy With A Tumor For A Face" about a young Indonesian boy named Noventhree whose entire face... well... the title pretty much explains it, doesn't it?

Anyway, through 4 operations, this boy improves and the doctors are astounded, and medical observers ooh and ahh about how much his life improves, and from all of the cutting and shaping emerges a little boy.

Then, just after "The End" appears on the screen, a little sign pops up for all of 2 seconds that says, "15 weeks after returning home, Noventhree died in his sleep from respiratory complications."

I don't know... I guess that I've always been led to believe that in shows like this, whatever is being attempted must be successful, because otherwise they wouldn't bother to show it, yes? But then I guess you don't spend all that money to send 3 or 4 camera crews to Southeast Asia for 5 months and not put whatever you get... regardless of the results... on the air, right?

Ah well. "The Search for Bigfoot" is on tomorrow night, and I'm sure that they wouldn't try to dupe me again. Funny that I haven't heard about that discovery on CNN yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill,
Thanks for the invite but I don't go to gogos or bars anymore. Call me if you want to have meet anytime.

-Harry 061095020

Jil Wrinkle said...

Sorry Harry... I've got crazy people who visit my site every day, and as a rule, I only meet up with people when I'm out to TQ2 on a lark. Feel free to stop by though.

Anonymous said...

the operations were a success it was that the tumor started to grow once again after a period of time. this is what the doctors wer fearful of and because of infections in his mouth and nasal cavitys they decided against any more operations because they felt it was too risky so the infections spread to his lungs were he had the breathing difficulties :( what a brave little guy and a brave family too especially his dad having stuck by his side throghout it all!