Thursday, July 12, 2007

Daily Report: Perfect Pattaya Day

I was up at 6:00. Maid Go always knows when I wake up (by flush) and immediately sets about fixing my morning coffee (with Equal, milk, and a splash of Bailey's) while I shower. By the time I've finished showering, my room has been swept, laundry basket removed, bed made, and coffee is steaming on my desk.

I did some blogging while enjoying my coffee. I played with Poopy Cat for a while, and we both listened to the birds squawking outside my window.

I got to work precisely at 8:00. Pui came back from dropping Pot off from school, and laid down on my bed and took a nap. Apparently the sound of my typing is like a lullaby to her. Maid Go came in and mopped the floor with that wondefully-scented floor wax. Poopy Cat alternated between sleeping on my feet, sitting on the floor next to my chair begging for a pat, and sitting on my shoulder purring.

At 12:00, I sent Maid Go out to Fuji Sushi for pickup. (She went first with Riza to Pattaya Immigration to extend her visa.) While Maid Go was gone, there was a glorious sun shower, where a 20-minute deluge of big rain drops glistened like ice as they fell. (I had to run down and rescue Lawt's security guard uniform from where it was hanging on the clothes rack outside, drying.)

At 2:00, I had my sushi for lunch, blogged a bit more, lay down for a little while and read my book, and spent some time with Pui.

At 4:00, Pot got home from school, and he chatted about his day... in Thai, unfortunately. (He's caught on to this whole "Jil speaks English, I'm expected to respond in same" deal: I talk English, and he replies, "No," with a big smile.)

At 4:30, it was back to work, finishing at 6:30, for a total of 3,000 lines... my goal for the day.

At 7:00, Pui and I went out to Shooters Soi Diamond to hang out with Bob, Sam, Manfred, Ray, and Franky Comments Section, who had just arrived back to Thailand from Arizona this morning.

I brought along my bottle of sloe gin to give to Manfred. He had created Shooters' list of shooters, and had put an Alabama Slammer on the list. Being a German fellow, he had no idea what went into an Alabama Slammer... or any idea what sloe gin was. So when he looked it up on the internet, he assumed that "sloe gin" was just some brand of gin... and has been selling his Alabama Slammers with gin in them... blech.

I had the bartender make the drink with the proper ingredients, and Manfred agreed that the taste was much improved.

Bob and Sam spent the evening handing out free Mexican food. There were corn chips with a wonderful spicy cold cheese sauce (don't ask Sam what's in it though... he'll give you the old, "I could tell you but then I would have to kill you" line), and chicken fajitas with peppers and onions. Pui and I also had a few of Bob's poker chip burgers. Franky's lady friend for the evening was a pretty girl from Bangkok named Duen, and she and Pui became friends and spent the evening chatting.

It was my intention to go home shortly after 8:30, but Bob and Franky colluded to keep Pui and I around by buying us drinks, and it wasn't until 10:15 that I finally got home, putting an end to a perfect, simple and straightforward Pattaya day.

By the way: Franky was bemoaning the fact that I have never put his picture on my blog before. Oh really?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a pretty good day

charish said...

Sound like a wonderful day. Kids are funny that way mine only speak to me when I am on the phone then it is important to talk to mom.
Sarah

Issarat said...

Jill,
Good to see you; sorry I missed the party the other night (jet lag caught up with me)...
It was a good time.
Franky

Issarat said...

oh, and I am glad I could be part of your 'perfect day' blog entry!

Jil Wrinkle said...

I've been trying to call you to invite you over for lunch today. Turn on your phone, Franky.