Monday, July 09, 2007

Daily Reports: Empty Work, Old Friend Returns

I didn't oversleep too much... especially considering that I went to bed quite late. I got to work at about 10:00 a.m., but shortly after noontime an amazing thing happened: For the first time in my 4½ years at this job, there was no work to download. Zero, empty.

So, simply unable to work, I spent the afternoon browsing the internet and whatnot.

In the evening, it was off to Rick's bar where I met up with Willie who had just returned from Arizona for his 2 months "at home" before going back and spending another 10 months crawling around inside of nuclear reactors. Rick's friend Jerry was there, along with his wife Da, and little Sara.

It's tentative that Pui and I are going to go with Rick and Da, Willie and his wife Kak up to Laos for a week in August which should be fun. It should be the same trip and time we took last year. River rafting in Vang Vieng will be on the list, as will seeing Rick's new house on the Mekhong River.

Pui's all excited, so assuming I can take off from work, it should be a done deal.

No comments: