Monday, July 16, 2007

Daily Report #1792

I slept in this morning until 10:00. I was actually up at 5:00, but saw that there wasn't a whole lot of work to do, and what work was there could wait... so I put in another 5 hours. That came to about 11 hours total sleep last night: I guess I was tired. I'm about 99% over the bug that I had a few days ago.

It was an awful day, weather-wise in Pattaya today. Anyplace else, you would look out the window and see weather like we had today, with the muted grey burly clouds and the winds rustling the trees, and shiver with just the thought of the chill that must be out there. There was no rain... it just remained an ugly gray day, all day long.

I worked from 11:00 to 3:00, and then had Maid Go pick up some of Bob's Mexican for me: 4 El Pastor tacos plus rice and beans for 120 baht... not bad.

After that, I put in another 4 hours of work.

Pui and Maid Go are out at Rick's school tonight for the free English classes. Rick has a school that trains kids who are fresh out of college (or not-so-fresh) how to be English teachers. (He also guarantees them a job upon completion of his course.) Pui and Go show up to the school to be guinea pig English students for Rick's pupils to practice on.

No comments: