Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Daily Report: Shots Galore

I was up at 9:00, and started working at 9:30, straight through to 3:00. I had Maid Go make chicken lo mein for lunch, which was good. After that, I went back to work from 4:30 to 6:30.

This evening, Pui and I went out. It had been raining, and the roads were wet. Pui refuses to ride on the back of my big Tiger scooter when the roads are wet because, as good as the bike is, it has the flaw of kicking up bits of mud from the wet road, and depositing them on the back of the rear passenger. Therefore I drove Pui's little Nouvo for the night.

Little bits of moisture still hung in the air as we pulled out of the house to drive in to Pattaya... and I didn't think much of it. However, by the time we reached Sukhumvit Road, a steady drizzle was falling. It wouldn't have been much of a problem, except that the rain parka that I keep in my motorcycle was still in my motorcycle back at home. By the time we got to Shooters, I was soaking wet. Fortunately, Pui, sitting behind me, didn't get very wet.


This picture of Franky sums
up the evening nicely.
At Shooters, Pui and I joined Bob, Ray, Franky, and a friend of his from Arizona in getting some partying done. I started off by buying a round of Alabama Slammers (Pui included), and then Bob bought a round of "Liquid Cocaine" shots (Pui included), and then came B-52s (Pui included)... well, they don't call it "Shooters" for nothing. You pull the big truck horn, and buy 6 shots for 500 baht. Bob also put out some free food... hot bar-be-que ham sandwiches on his home-made bread, along with some vegetables pickled in jalapeno brine.


TQ2 always puts up banners for its
regular customers returns or departures
from the Land of Smiles.
Unfortunately, the rain picked up in intensity and became a full-fledged downpour while we were at Shooters, so there was nothing left to do but stay and drink for a while longer. However, at about 9:30 or so, the rain let up, and Pui and I, Ray, and Franky and his friends went over to TQ2 for Stan's welcome-home party.

There was a big sign out, and Manager Russ had bought a big pile of food. Unfortunately, the steady rain kept the party a little smaller than it otherwise would have been... but there was still quite a crowd. Russ and Stan bought drinks for everybody (Pui included), and I bought a round of Kamikazes for the bar (Pui included).


Pui won't remember this picture
when she wakes up tomorrow.
I finally (after looking at the sad state of Pui) called it a night at about 10:30, and drove Pui home. She wanted to stop to buy some noodles to eat once she got home, but after arriving, put the noodles down on the kitchen table, and went straight upstairs to bed. Sorry honey: You've got the partying spirit, but only 90 pounds to carry it in.

No comments: