Monday, July 30, 2007

Daily Report: Fizzled and Sizzled

I didn't bother working too much today. This will be the only day I'm scheduled to work this week, and (as I said before) the first day of the week at my job is always the lowest paying. So, with the knowledge in mind that any work that I did today would not be followed by higher-paid work later on, the incentive was diminished.

Instead, I put in three hours of work, blogged a bit (as you can see below), and got ready for my trip to Laos tomorrow. (My plan now is to post as much as possible, but without photos... which will be added to the already-written posts once I get back to Pattaya.)

Pui spent the day in Bangkok meeting with some lady who is a wine distributor. Apparently the next thing on her list of "things to keep from being bored" is working with Riza at selling wine... and skin care products. Whatever... just as long as Pui gets out of the house a little bit each day and doesn't spend that time spending money or partying.

In the evening I took Pui, Pot, Maid Go, and Riza out for bar-be-que... 560 baht for 4½ people. After that, it was over to Rick's bar for a few beers with Rick and Mike. Then, home at 10:00... and I have to be awake at 4:30 a.m. for my driver to take me to the airport.

Next post will be from Vientiane, the capital of Laos.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why are you going to Laos again? Is this another one of those visa runs? Why don't you go to Cambodia? Isn't that closer to you?
JMTC

Jil Wrinkle said...

I'm going to Laos because all of my friends are going on a kayaking trip, and I'm using that as an opportunity to do a visa run.

Cambodia is closer, but only for 30-day visas, to which I am limited to 3 in a 6-month period. Otherwise, I would have to go to Phnom Phenh, the capital of Cambodia, which is essentially the same distance from Bangkok as Vientiane.

Bangkok Hotels said...

Thank you so much for sharing your story. It's very informative. I love to read it and do hope to read your next story.