Saturday, July 28, 2007

Daily Report: Errands

I was up at a good time, and got to work on time, and finished 2,000 lines (a nice start) at around mid-afternoon.

I had leftover ribs from Great American Rib Company for lunch.

After that, it was out to run some errands: First, it was off to the train station where I bought Pui's and my train tickets for our trip to Laos next week. (We're going on a river trip with Rick and Da, Willie and Kak, three of Rick's students from school, and a couple of other people.)

After that, I went to Ko Chang Travel on Soi Post Office (the most reliable travel agent in Pattaya) and bought a plane ticket to Laos for myself: I have to go up to Vientiane a day early to visit the Thai embassy and apply for a tourist visa... and make sure I get it back before we head out for the river. (We are only spending one weekday in Vientienne... I need two in order to (1) drop off and (2) pick up a 60-day visa.)

After that, it was off to Tukcom technology mall, where I bought a new set of headphones. Then it was off to the liquor store where I bought a bottle of Casa Noble tequlia (as a present to myself).

I stopped at the 7-11 near my house as a final stop. They have a little freezer selling Ben & Jerry's ice cream now... 100 baht ($3) for a cup, and 300 baht ($9) for a pint. I'm happy with the concept of having Ben & Jerry's nearby, but at those prices... with a gallon of locally-made ice cream selling one aisle over for 100 baht... I'm afraid that Ben & Jerry's will be a short-lived treat.

After that, it was back home where I tried to get interested in doing some more work, but couldn't bring myself to do it. Bleh. Instead, I had some chicken and rice, and beer, and watched "Ocean's 13" on DVD. A fun movie, I suppose... nothing too great. Caper movies are always a good bet for entertainment.

No comments: