Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Memorial For Steve Blumenthal on the 14th


Steve's photo credit:
Photo By LoveLife (JKConsultants)
This coming Friday marks the 1-year anniversary of the death of Steve Blumenthal, one of my best friends, owner of TQ2, and one of the nicest guys to ever live here in Pattaya. In an effort to pay respect to Steve's life and the wonderful effect he had on so many of us, several of his friends have worked all year long raising money for a memorial for Steve.

They have raised 90,000 baht, and this Friday at 4:30, Steve's friends will be gathering at the Mercy Center orphanage to distribute a vast truckload of household items for the children which that money has purchased. Everyone is invited to attend, and if you haven't donated to Steve's memory already, the opportunity to donate at the orphanage will be made available if you chose to.

The Mercy Center is reached by taking Soi Nong Yai, which is opposite and just north of Pattaya North Road, and driving along until you turn right on Soi 8, past "Park Hill" until you see the place on your left. (See the map below for a general description... click for larger version.)
For those unable or unwilling to transport themselves, you can meet at Secrets Bar on Soi 14 off Walking Street at 3:30 p.m. to catch a ride at 4:00 p.m.
Even better: Here is a Google Maps to get you there.

View Larger Map

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time goes fast. I new Steve quite well and he was a very nice guy.
It was a sad way to find a nice blog, as i found your blog while searching for more info on what happened to Steve. Have been a loyal reader on a daily basis ever since.
Thank you for an interesting blog Jil.

Jil Wrinkle said...

Thanks Thomas. Those are kind words and well appreciated. We all miss Steve.

Anonymous said...

My boss, my mentor, but above all else my firend. I miss you, we all miss you. I'm sorry I didn't get to tell you in person my special story, but the Loas food was good :0)
I could'nt have done it without you, without people like you & you will never be forgotten. You have left a grain that will live on for ever in me, my children & my childrens children...thank you x x x Your legacy will live on through me x

Anonymous said...

The best man ever. R.I.P Steve