Thursday, December 20, 2007

Daily Report: Camera Woes

Spent my morning in the usual fashion.

My Sony T70 camera broke again about a week ago. I took it back to the Sony repair center on Sukhimvit road so that they could effect the same repairs that they did a month ago. However, this time they claimed that the repairs that were done prior could not be repeated. (This leads me to think that they probably did something that they shouldn't have the first time around, making any future adjustments impossible.) They did, however, offer to "jury rig" the camera so that it would at least turn on when it was plugged into an AC adapter... but the battery would never work again.

When a Thai Sony technician offers to "jury rig" your electronic device so that it will "sort of work", then either one of you... or both of you... are retarded, depending on whether or not you allow that work to be done. So today I went back and picked up my camera before the Sony people could "break it with my permission".

So now I'm going to find one of my friends heading back to a place where people who aren't Thai can look at my camera to see what the problem is and whether or not they can fix whatever the Thai technicians did to it. There is nothing wrong with the camera... just in getting power from the battery to the camera.

In the evening, it was over for drinks at Stan's, and then home by 11:00.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bring my broken camera and friends camera's with me when i come to Thailand because they have factory authorized service centers that actually "fix things".

Here in the states it goes without saying that if it isn't under factory warranty just throw it away and buy another one. That's why Best-buy and Circuit City all sell extended warranties. So they can give you a free one when yours breaks in 2 years and it "cannot be fixed"

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Anonymous get a life. The world if filled with so much hate why don't you try focusing on the good. Especially this time of year! People might try to talk to you if you weren't so negative. Happy holidays too you anyway.

from Jakal