Monday, December 10, 2007

J.I.P. Request To Readers

OK everyone... time for some input from J.I.P readers.

If you know of a restaurant that you think should be reviewed here on Jil In Pattaya, I would like you to write in about it. I'm interested in any restaurant that is either a great deal, some particularly outstanding recipes, or is a fine dining establishment, or has some other notable standout feature. Just put your request in the comments section at any time under any post, and I'll give it a thought.

Also, if you know of a tourist attraction that you think other people might like to know about, and is within 30 or 40 miles of Pattaya, and can be visited in a single afternoon (or at most a single day), I'd be happy to stop by for a visit and then write about it here.

Finally, if you are aware of an upcoming event in Pattaya (shows, carnivals, races, charity events) that you think might be of interest, I'll be happy to look into going to those as well.

It's not that I'm running out of ideas in the near future for either restaurants or tourist spots or other events to go to each week... but I figure that perhaps my readers might have some good ideas of their own, and it can't hurt to take requests.

So, anytime you want, if you think of something in the Pattaya area that you particularly enjoy, and think others might as well, let me know and I'll look into getting the J.I.P. posse together and visiting sometime. (Don't forget directions, internet links, or other helpful information with your recommendations.)

Thanks in advance for your input!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erm, I sure wish you had an 'Around Pattaya' tag so I could figure out where you have and have not gone so far.

Have you been to the Sanctuary of Truth?

I know tons of great restaurants, but most are on the cheap side. I've always loved good cheap eats. I'll point some out if you're interested. I've actually mentioned a couple already as I recall.

Jil Wrinkle said...

It's funny that you should mention that.

You remember how I said my WIN98 home computer had died? That's the one I do all my graphics on.

I actually discovered that the computer was dead when I sat down at it to create two more bars at the top of the blog to go under "Drop-down interative satellite photo of Pattaya" and "complete listing of gogo bar websites in Pattaya".

I was just getting ready to create "Complete listing of restaurant reviews by Jil", and "complete listing of tourist site visits by Jil" drop down menus when my computer died.

So, one of these days I'll get around to getting a new graphics workstation and making those labels and getting them up and listing all of my tourist and restaurant visits.

Jil Wrinkle said...

Oh... sorry... good idea though. I have thought about adding a "tourist stuff" label for my blog, and I'll do that tommorrow morning when I get up.

Anonymous said...

If you want help buying a new box let me know. I just went through it and have pretty current knowledge of what's good right now and which shops at tukcom have the best deals.

Unknown said...

JD, this is Richard. I wrote for this exact advice from Jil last week. I'll be in Pattaya on the 13th and I am looking to by a relatively inexpensive system for my girlfriends 13 year old for school.
What's decent and what shops in Tukcom have the deals.
Thanks,
Richard

Anonymous said...

Hey, Richard.

I actually have an old box lying around that I could refurbish cheaply if you don't mind a bit of rust. Needs a hard drive and monitor, though.

Otherwise, I'd be happy to help you down at tukcom. Buying guy stuff is fun for me. :-)

Svenne Farang said...

Sounds like a great idea, Jil. I will spread the word on my blog.

A label like "tourist attractions" or something would be a good thing. Otherwise it´s quite easy to check whether Jil has written about a certain restaurant or not, just type the restaurant´s name in the "search this blog" box in the top tool bar.

By the way Jil, your blog is quite heavy to load, it takes time. Now I read it in a RSS-reader instead. Keep on blogging, never mind Mr Anonymus who pops up now and then, just do your thing. Thanks.

Jil Wrinkle said...

Svenne...

All very good suggestions, and I implemented every single one of them this afternoon.

I've slimmed down the loading time, removed the bloated code and objects, and added restaurant reviews and tourist attraction lists on the column on the right side of the blog.

Thanks for your suggestions. I had been mulling them over for some time, but hearing yet another complaint about the loading time is what did it for me.