Thursday, December 13, 2007

Daily Report: Fun Money

Women and Cats will do as they please. Men and dogs had better get used to it.
I've discovered that I'm living with a shoe lover. Whenever I give Epril a few hundred baht, and tell her to go out with her friends and buy something for herself, she invariably comes home with a pair of shoes. In just 2½ months, she's racked up 10 pair.

I told Epril that she probably didn't really need any more shoes for a while, and that she should perhaps think about doing something different with her money. Therefore, today she came home with little rainbow-reflective long strands of tinsel glued into her hair. (It's a new fad among Thai girls... although quite My-Little-Pony-ish if you ask me. Next thing will be a pink glitter-covered fairy princess magic wand to wave around or something.) Oh well... it's rather subtle, and is sort of eye-catching in a way.

For lunch, it was back over to my friend Jerry's restaurant by the pool (read here) for lunch. I had chicken cordon bleu smothered in a fantastic mushroom sauce for 160 baht. Hell: By weight, it was 50% loaf of ham, cheese, and chicken; and 50% mushrooms. Fantastic.

In the evening, Epril and I watched "Three Kings" on video, and then another episode of "24".

Oh: I'm going to take a pass on putting Google Ads on my website. I talked with the owner of one of the blogs which I've linked to on this website, whose readership size is about the same as my own, and he is earning about $25 per month while having his site heavily peppered with Google advertising. Doesn't sound like a worthwhile usage of my screen real estate, and I think my blogger friend agrees.

Nonetheless, if you do click on a link from my blog and happen upon a blog with Google ads on it (or anywhere else on the internet that you might see them), clicking on Google Ads is the same as leaving a tip for the blogger whom you have just read. It is worth cash to them, and requires very little effort on your part. So be friendly when you can: Click Google Ads.

3 comments:

Issarat said...

I think I know where Epril's shoe fetish stems from:
There was once a leader of her country who's wife also LOVED shoes...Imelda Marcos? I think...lol
What do you think??

Issarat said...

I think I know where Epril's shoe fetish stems from:
There was once a leader of her country who's wife also LOVED shoes...Imelda Marcos? I think...lol
What do you think??

Issarat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.