Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Pattaya News Roundup

The king gave his annual speech on Sunday, and urged Thai people to reduce prejudice. Sounds like a good idea, although I cannot for sure say if the king was talking about prejudice amongst the Thai people, or prejudice of the Thai people towards non-Thai people. Well, stopping either one would be a step in the right direction.

Thai drug users are always getting busted at "drug parties". Personally, if I were going to do something that could land me in prison for a year or two, I'd do it alone, far away from anybody else. I wouldn't go to a hotel room with half a dozen other people and crank up the tunes. But that's just me... a bit of a party pooper, I suppose.

The recent attack on a foreigner by a watch salesmen in Soi Diana has the police now rounding up all of the fake goods salespeople in town. That's about a thousand Thai people out of work because of one belligerent prick who couldn't sell his watches. I'm going to miss my pirated DVD salespeople if they go. Oh well.

No comments: