Thursday, December 20, 2007

Quotacious

I empathize with you bro.
Yesterday I was standing in the check-out line at the supermarket, and between furtive glances at Soap Digest magazine (too embarrassed to buy, too intrigued to look away) I had an epiphany: I plum don't like fraternizing with lower- or middle-class people.

Obviously I'm somewhere between lower- and middle-class myself, on a good day. But other people of this sort really get on my nerves, whether they're huddling around one another for warmth in the freezer aisle or organizing a rodent hunt.

I'm not like that guy who wants to own a mansion and yacht and have powerful friends who do his bidding for him. More and more, I'm appalled that I don't already have such "luxuries," and I consider this to reflect poorly on my state and municipal governments for letting me fall to such a level of poverty/non-filthy-rich-ness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jil Wrinkle said...

Harris Black still hasn't read the post on no insulting comments.

Iain (with two "i"s) said...

Hi Jil

Iam one of Geoffs mates

Been following your blog for three or four weeks

Makes mr laugh.

Merry Xmas

Iain