Sunday, December 02, 2007

Daily Report: Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon

This morning was the last day of the pay period. (Since I work in Washington, D.C., Sunday at noontime here in Thailand (1:00 p.m. actually) is actually Saturday midnight for my job.) Therefore I was up nice and early to get in as much work as I could before the proverbial bell rung.

Why I couldn't get the extra work done earlier in the week is a mystery, of course.

Geoff was home today with a fever, being cared for by Honey Mae, so our weekly Sunday afternoon excursion out to one of Pattaya's tourist hotspots was cancelled. Instead, Epril and I watched three episodes of CSI on TV. (On Sunday afternoons, they play all three shows (Vegas, NYC, Miami) from the prior week in a row.)

Then, we went with Mike and Riza to Bobs for an early Sunday dinner. We sat outside, and there was a constant stream of people selling DVDs walking by. I bought four movies while sitting around drinking more of the world's best strawberry margaritas.

After dinner, Epril and I went home and watched two of the movies: The Bourne Ultimatum, and The Kingdom... both of which we really enjoyed.

2 comments:

SPIIDERWEB™ said...

I've purchased many "pirated" movies in Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and often have found they hadn't been released in the US yet.

Some of those pirates have unbelievable connections. The quality is usually excellent.

I did, however, buy Heat with Robert De Niro once. It stopped cold just before the climactic scene. To this day I don't know how that movie ends.

Unknown said...

I bought Apocalypto in July with the guarantee (yea, sure) that the subtitles were in English. Well I guess French is the same as English in Thailand. :)