Monday, November 19, 2007

Daily Report: Meeting Up With Old Friends

Epril and I are back to beating on the snooze button a little bit; not as much as before, but still we are climbing out of bed 30 minutes later than we would like to.

I had some glitches with the internet this morning, so work kind of got hung up a little bit... but in the end I still got in a fair first half of work.


To get to Jerry's Restaurant, drive
along Soi Nerm Pleubwan until you
see this housing development. Then
drive all the way back to the pool.


The chicken and mushroom stew in
a heavy cream and pepper sauce for
125 baht was excellent.
For lunch, Epril and I went out and visited my old friend Jerry, who is a Belgian chef who is living out on Soi Nerm Pleubwan. He opened a restaurant in, of all places, the cabana of a housing estate's pool area. Apparently it was the right decision, as the lunchtime crowd consisted of about 20 francophones playing cards, drinking beer, and eating food.

Jerry's food is as good as I remember it. I had a croque monsieur for 80 baht, and Epril had chicken and mushroom stew for 125 baht. Jerry's specialty is spaghetti carbonara for 125 baht. He taught me the recipe about 3 years ago, and it is one of the only dishes I can prepare.

In the afternoon, it was back to work, and I got in a bit of a blah afternoon. In the evening, it was "The Weakest Link", "Tribe" (a Discovery Channel program about an English adventurer who goes and lives with the world's most remote peoples for a month at a time), and then two episoides of Doctor Who.

No comments: