Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Wednesday Pot Blogging

At 5 years old, Pot still sleeps with his mother... they share a bedroom. It doesn't bother me personally, as I prefer to have a bed to myself. However, it's entirely possible that Pot could be 16 years old, and still be snuggled up next to his mother at night... and that would start getting weird. It's all about the ghosts... in case you are wondering. And, before you laugh: Grown-up Pui is jittery about sleeping alone as well, but at least she can do it if she needs to.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife is Thai and our kids have slept in their own bed from day 1.

Don't you think that is strange not sleeping with your wife at night?

Jil Wrinkle said...

Do they sleep alone or just in their own beds?

I have never slept with Pui because I really really can't sleep with other people. If she comes to sleep with me (which she will soon when we get Pot to stay alone), I'll buy a king-sized bed and get two twin mattresses to put together and perhaps then I could get used to it, but I'm such a light sleeper, if I feel the person next to me move, I wake up. Also, I thrash around alot, steal blankets, talk, snore, fart... you name it, I'm a nightmare to sleep next to, and as I said earlier... I don't do any better sleeping with other people than they do with me.

Anyway, if you had woken up as many times as I have and found your bed buddy sleeping on the floor next to the bed because she couldn't cope with your mosh-pit style of sleeping, you'd offer her a bed of her own as well.

(By the way... going back and reading this comment, and thinking about how much sleep I need each night (9-plus hours), I probably should consider getting a sleep study done... or consider sleeping pills or something. Thanks for making me think about it.)

Anonymous said...

They sleep alone - in their own room in their own bed.

Jil Wrinkle said...

Well, hopefully Pot will be sleeping on his own soon. Good to hear that not all Thai people are incapable of sleeping without being terrified of ghosts.