Friday, June 15, 2007

Daily Report: Birthday Girl

Today was Pui's fourth 22nd birthday party. I told her that we were going out with Stan and Mem to an extra-super-fancy restaurant due to the special occasion, which she tried to convince me not to do. (With Pui... as with most Thai girls... the fancier the restaurant, the bigger a bore it is.)

So, at 7:00, we headed out, and went to Rick's bar... where I had planned on going all along. (The fancy restaurant thing was just a ruse.) I had invited all of Pui's friends: Stan and Mem, Mike and Riza, Rick and Da, Owen and Waew, Fim and Rat. Bob was there, but his wife Ta was stuck at home with the baby. Maid Go brought Pot along.

We all hung around and had a cake for Pui. The girls ate street vendor food and the guys ate food from the Danish restaurant next door, and everybody was happy.

After that, at 10:00, we went off to TQ2 to see some more of Pui's friends, and have a couple of drinks before heading home.

2 comments:

Issarat said...

That is a lovely photo of Pui.

Jil Wrinkle said...

Good choice. Out of hundreds of photos of Pui, I printed this particular one out as a picture, and set it up next to my computer monitor to admire as I work.