Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Daily Report: Cranking Back Up To Normal Speed




Pui got home last night just before I went to sleep. She and Pot had a rough day on the bus. This morning, Pui and I looked at the photos she took from Chayabum. Pui was most impressed with the beautiful mountains of Chayabum... although in my opinion, they are no different than the hills of Petchabun, where she grew up. I guess the grass is always greener in the next valley over.

Work today was a joy: For weeks now, I've been grinding my teeth as I sit down to work and find that there is only a few hours of work to do in my regular accounts... but today, the list of things that needed to be done just went on and on and on.

In the evening, it was out to Rick's bar. Pui went to see Da, Pot went to see Sara, and I went to see Rick. That was fun.

After that, I went out to Lennies for a drink with Stan and Bob, and then back to the tailor's for a first fitting of my new suit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol you buy crappy made in thailand suits


i thought you had been here for 5 years :/

Jil Wrinkle said...

Heh. It's because I've been here for 5 years that I'm buying a crappy Thailand suit. You see, I live and work in paradise. I don't need to own a suit. In fact, I don't even own socks or pants... just sandals and shorts.

If I was like the rest of the world, and had to kiss ass in an office on a regular basis, I'd bother to buy a $700 suit, but I don't. Fortunately, my life is so good that a crappy made-in-Thailand suit for a once-every-5-year wedding back in America is just enough.

LOL, Mr. Anon: You must be the kind of guy that spends more than 4,000 baht on an outfit that you are only going to wear once.

Jil Wrinkle said...

Oh... by the way... that isn't a very nice thing to say about the Deputy Mayor of Pattaya's suits, since he recommended to Bob... who recommended to me... this particular tailor.