Monday, June 11, 2007

Bob Gets Civic Recognition Award From Pattaya

My best friend Bob of Bob's BBQ restaurant got an award from city hall today for improving the image and reputation of Pattaya with his "world's largest hamburger". Who knew 80 pounds of ground beef could take you so far, eh? The presentation was made by the deputy mayor, and I skipped work this morning to go see the proceedings.

It's been a good month for Bob: Not only did he receive this award today, but he's had the birth of a new baby girl and moved into a new house. He's busy constructing a new restaurant in the Carrefour food court (due to open on July 1st), and is now starting work on a third restaurant in Soi Diamond off Walking Street.

Congratulations to my buddy Bob.
UPDATE:

Pattaya City News has their coverage up, with lots of photos of Bob... and here's one of me: That's me in the white back behind the Deputy Mayor.

1 comment:

Issarat said...

I am suprised they let you get that close to a man in office!

Strong work on the blog lately; I am waiting for the 'babe of the week' photo!!!!!!!!!!!