Saturday, October 13, 2007

Daily Report: Another GoGo Cherry

I whacked on the snooze button for a couple of hours this morning. I don't think Epril even notices the alarm.

I plugged away at work all day, while Epril napped. She's not sleeping as well as she lets on: She misses her family. (I'm sure it's not easy to go from a lifetime of being in happy close quarters with your sisters and parents to some dull old guy, and a maid — who geniuinely friendly — doesn't speak a word of your language.)

Well, to make up for those lonely moments, Epril and I do go out and have a lot of fun at night. Tonight was no exception. We went over to Stan's for drinks and to watch The Weakest Link, and then it was out to Flamboyant (Pattaya's best restaurant) for dinner. (I haven't been in the mood to write a restaurant review lately with my broken camera.)

Dinner was fantastic as always... although I didn't like the pasta in gorgonzola cheese sauce that I ordered a whole lot. (I wasn't unhappy though: I just had forgotten that I'm not a big fan of gorgonzola.)

While at dinner, Epril called Honey Mae, and convinced her and Geoff to come to TQ2 with us for drinks. Honey Mae has not yet seen Walking Street (or a GoGo bar) yet, so this was her first visit.


Honey Mae and Epril at TQ2
It was funny to watch Honey Mae's twinkling eyes and big smile while we were in TQ2. She was thrilled... in a morbidly curious kind of way... kind of like she felt she shouldn't be staring, but realized that that was what she was supposed to be doing.

Epril had a good time too. Waitress Nang has adopted Epril as her little sister, and is trying to get her to party a little bit. Epril also has a friend among the dancers, a nice young girl named Coy, who Epril met at Stan's Indian food party last weekend, where Coy was waiting tables. Epril and Coy sat together in TQ2 tonight and did their best at having a conversation.

At about 10:30, Geoff and Honey Mae headed home, and Epril and I lasted another hour in TQ2 before we also went home.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where I am from you wouldn't bring a "good girl" to a bar to look at half naked women. That would be a men's only type thing.
It sounds more like you are corrupting her instead of educating her about a better life.
Is that what you really want? A girl that feels comfortable in a strip joint.
I don't.
There is nothing wrong with the occasional boys night out at a go-go- bar. But to want you girl or your wife to watch you watch other girls......I think is more than a little strange.

But it's your life. I just think that if that is where you continue that you will never obtain the nice home life and family that you deserve.
Hey when your daughter gets to be an adult will you let her come out to the go-go with her mother and father so she can watch her father look at the half naked girls?

Joe Pattaya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jil Wrinkle said...

Actually, I was too busy enoying the spectacle of a 40-something caucasian lady doing a 2-step to The Rolling Stones with a bar girl over by the bar, and trying not to get run over by Mem's 4-year-old and 6-year-old sons, Bobby and Kevin, who were there for their mother's birthday, to notice the half-naked women.

In Pattaya, GoGo bars are a tourist attraction that everybody goes to. Some GoGo bars, such as TQ2, are also community centers of a sort. Depending on the day, the time, and the reason, they are great places for couples to go and meet up with other couples, and even on certain occasions, a lot of fun for the entire family.

The fact is, TQ2 is the focal point of my social life, and it is where I go to meet all of my friends, and their wives and girlfriends (half-naked girls on stage notwithstanding). It is most certainly a place that Epril and I will continue to enjoy together.

Issarat said...

Good on you Jil; screw the people who don't understand that the rest of the world is not as sexually pent-up as their little corner.

As long as your having fun and she is too, who cares?

BUT...I would be careful having her spend too much time with the (sharks) girls that work the bar scene there..just my opinion.

I have a TG coming to visit me next week; check my blog for details.

Anonymous said...

Which Mem is that?
Maybe this one? "Stan and Mem have parted ways after 5 years together"
Is that Stan's kids playing in the bar?
I am not condemning your life style. For a bachelor it is fine and I enjoy reading about it. But for someone that has hinted at wanting a family it is incompatible. Sure you can do it but the chances of it causing your relationship and family to fail have got to be very high.

If it is a pleasant healthy lifestyle it would work in most places not just Pattaya.

Certainly Frankyfire is not much of a judge of normality. Even he has concerns.

Jil Wrinkle said...

Mem is the owner of the bar.

Here... read this. It's an article that talks about how women almost outnumber men some nights at a popular Vancouver strip club. Gee: To quote you, "A pleasant healthy lifestyle in most places not just Pattaya."

"On any given night at Brandi's Exotic Nightclub in Vancouver, the women equal, and sometimes outnumber, the men. Sure, it's touted as a bridge between a nightclub and a venue for adult entertainment, a comfortable place for couples and women, but you can't escape the fact that women on stage are incrementally peeling off their clothes."<

The truth is, it is merely your antiquated beliefs which causes you to think that hanging out with half-dressed women dancing around can somehow damage a relationship or a woman's spirit.

Can Epril and I still go to the beach with the all the girls in their bikinis, or do you frown on that as well? Will our relationship fail if we watch rated R movies together with nudity in them as well? Is there any room for eroticism and sexual liberation in the life you have pictured for Epril and me, or is that all verboten in your view?

Anyway, thanks for commenting... but if I wanted find a girl who is uncomfortable going to strip clubs in this day and age, I'd probably be limited to dating my mother.

Issarat said...

Jil, don't date your mother!
ha ha
I like anon's comments:
"Certainly Frankyfire is not much of a judge of normality. "

Either he thinks that my lifestyle is not 'normal' or that I lack good judgement...either way it's funny.
Yea, your right...I should be a good boy and go to church every day.
And your also right; I try not to judge on how other people live their lives-it's not my fucking business.

Anonymous said...

Hi !

I think some of the guys making negative comments are just jealous of your lifestyle. I am a 28yr old white/ferang female, who will soon live in Pattaya with my ferang husband. We have been before and I love going to visit go go bars with him. We get horny together and also get a chance to meet other couples! It's not uncommon for couples to take a girl out for the night ! Those of you with negative comments should learn to let your hair down a little and enjoy your lives....stop being so judgemental of others! Live an love!
Good luck to Jil!