Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Daily Report: Old Movies

Geoff dropped Honey Mae off at the house at 7:30 today... just as Epril and I were waking up. Epril and Honey Mae played together very nicely all day, were well-behaved, and even had an afternoon nap.

I spent most of the day working, and had a pretty good day. (Funny that what I describe as "pretty good" now would have been "amazing" or "perfect" just 4 or 5 months ago... I've ramped up my working efforts that far.)

Epril cooked "afritada" for lunch... the same as before: Potatoes, carrots, and steak cubes in a light brown sauce over rice. This meal was to teach Honey Mae how to cook it, since she apparently can cook even less than Epril does.

I set the girls to watching "The Sixth Sense" (the ghost story) in the afternoon, and they really loved it. I've discovered that Epril has watched so very few movies in her life, that all of my favorite movies are completely new and unheard of to her. I've always thought about how great it will be to have kids so that when they grow up, I'll be able to introduce them to all my favorite movies, like Blazing Saddles, The Godfather, Austin Powers, et cetera. Now, I can start doing that right now with Epril. (It was always hard to get Thai people to enjoy movies because they can't read Thai subtitles fast enough.)

At 5:30, Geoff came over to pick up Honey Mae, and I made a pitcher of piƱa coladas, and we sat around and chatted for about an hour. Then at 7:00, Geoff left, and Mike came home, and Go, Epril and I joined him and Riza for dinner at Ruea Mai, my favorite Thai restaurant out on Sukhumvit road. Epril actually really liked the food this time around, which is about what I expected: The mainstream Thai restaurant food is not the same as the more esoteric street vendor fare which Go likes to bring home.

At 9:00, Epril and I sat down and watched Pulp Fiction together, which she loved, of course.

No comments: