Friday, October 05, 2007

Daily Report: Friday Dinner

We were up at the usual time this morning, and then I wrote in the blog, while Epril sat next to me proof-reading and fact-checking what I had to say. She's now a regular reader of the blog.

I got to work at about 10:00 and Epril sat next to me and chatted with her mother, cousin, and friend on Yahoo Instant Messenger. After that, Epril went to the market with Maid Go and bought some fixins to put together a nice Filipino dish of a light beef stew with potatoes. Nothing too fancy, but quite tasty... and a fair bit more substantial than the vegetables I had planned on having. Oh well... when your new girlfriend unexpectedly cooks up a meal for you for the first time, you really can't say no, now can you? I guess the diet starts tomorrow.

I spent the afternoon working, but it was kind of slow. The new experience of having Epril in the house all the time is distracting: I keep wandering off to see if she is okay, or she keeps wandering in and I drop everything I'm doing to chat with her. It's not her fault... it's a situational thing. I'm sure that as we relax into a domestic routine, it will get better.

In the evening, it was over to Stan's house for drinks. Stan's friend Phillip was there, who is a nice guy I hope to get to know more of. He actually owns a piano here in Pattaya. I used to be a more-than-fair pianist when I was young, and haven't played in earnest in almost 15 years. Jeff joined us a little later on after coming back from work.


Epril and Honey Mae at dinner.
Stan and Jeff, and myself and Epril went to the Queen Victoria on Soi 6 and met up there with Geoff and Honey Mae for dinner. I'm not going to do a restaurant report right now, but the food was fine although the service was a little inattentive.

After the restaurant, we all went our separate ways. Epril and I were going to go straight home, but instead as we were driving up Pattaya North Road, we decided to make a quick stop in at the Moon River Pub to see the Filipino Band that plays there. We stayed around for one quick drink and 4 or 5 songs from the band, and then paid our bill. (Truth is, the house band from Pulse that I listened to in Cagayan De Oro was better than this band.)

From there, we went home and went to bed.

(Got the final day, day 4, of my Philippines trip up. Scroll down, or click here.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are doing fine with your new girlfriend; I am very happy for you.
Should I 'clean up' my blog, since she is reading yours (and your friends) too?
(from the guy who gets lost on the way to your house..)

Issarat said...

Jil,
What is the chances of you setting me up with a cute girl from PI??

Jil Wrinkle said...

Issarat... no need to clean up your blog.

Set yourself up with a girl from the PI. Go to Cherry Blossoms, and there are thousands of nice PI girls there waiting for your e-mail. (Yes... you do have to shell out $29 for a 1-month membership though... but in that time, you should be able to strike up a conversation with 100 or 200 girls and get their e-mails and not need to pay for another month after that.)

Issarat said...

OK.
I like Alf and Lance; those guys treat me good every time I am at the bar.
Next time; I would like to join you guys at a daytime party.
Have a good week.