Saturday, October 27, 2007

Daily Report: God Dag Nordmann

I was up at 7:00 this morning, started work a fair bit later, and got in a couple of hours of work before breaking for lunch... which was sushi.

After lunch, Epril and I went for a walk through the housing development we live in. It is amazing the number of houses that have For Sale signs on them, For Rent signs on them, or are clearly empty. I counted on the way back the ratio of empty versus occupied houses, and it is close to 50%... and this is a very upscale neighborhood. I suppose this is what some would call a "buyers market", but I can't see how this can possibly be a healthy situation for Pattaya.

In the afternoon, I gave Epril some money and sent her out shopping Go. After filling up on sushi and then taking a walk, I fell asleep, which kind of ruined my work day... my work week actually since I had been on a roll. I got up and did some more work at about 4:00.

At 6:30, I went out with Epril, and we sent some money to her parents via Western Union, and then went over to Bob's for dinner. There was a fellow there from Norway who is apparently a fan of the blog, and told me that all his Norwegian friends read "Jil In Pattaya" as well. Hmm... I suppose if Menudo can strike it big in Japan, I can have my fan base in Norway.

Epril and I got home at around 9:30, and I put in another hour of work before calling it a day.

Oh... my foot pedal for typing finally arrived today. That will save Franky from having to pick up one for me before he comes back to Pattaya late in November. (Thanks anyway.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hei, hei, har du det bra?

Us Norwegians are after all like empty beer cans. You can find one everywhere.

We also have the last fan base of such bands as Smokie, Bonnie Tyler, and Slade.

So you see, we will never abandon you ;-)

Anonymous said...

With so many more economic alternatives. why would you send money with western union?