Monday, October 22, 2007

Daily Report: Wake Up Call

Epril woke me up at 6:00 a.m., as she has been doing every day now: She waits for me to hit the snooze button on my alarm, she goes to the bathroom and brushes her teeth to make sure she is all minty fresh, and then comes back and pounces on me as if she were Poopy Cat's big sister. She giggles and tweaks my nose, and pokes my ribs until I finally climb out of bed.

I spent the morning blogging, had a good first half of the day, had lo mein for lunch, and had a fair second half of the day.

In the evening, I watched documentaries on the history of the Celts, and a National Geographic special on North Korea.

Boy... There really is no difference between North Korea and a cult, other than the amount of weaponry: The program I watched was made by a journalist who went to North Korea as part of a medical team doing cataract surgeries on near-blind patients. After a few days' recovery, when the foreign doctor removed their eye patches, with 100% consistency, not one of the patients he restored site to thanked him. They instead immediately ran and prostrated themselves in front of nearby portraits of Kim Jong Il and his father, and tearfully thanked him for restoring their sight, and vowed to work harder to please him from this point forward.

It simply is one of the weirdest places on the planet.

No comments: