Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Daily Report: Settling In To A Routine

Epril and I were up at a pretty good hour today. I wrote in the blog a little bit, and she enjoyed a nice long warm shower... which I'm guessing compares favorably to the bucket and ladle of ice-cold water in the outhouse she used to have before.

I got to work at about mid-morning, and sent Epril and Go to the store to do some shopping.

For lunch, I had Go pick up Fuji sushi, while Epril picked up some chicken and rice for herself. (I guess she took a pass on what was on the menu at Fuji.) Epril also got to try her first spicy Thai food at lunch... and the gasp and fanning her hand in front of her mouth indicated that maybe she doesn't like spicy food as much as she professed to back in The Philippines.

In the afternoon, I sat back down to work, and Epril sat next to me on my other computer and surfed the internet. Her favorite site seems to be Friendster, where all her friends from back home have little online bulletin boards with photos and notes, and all her other friends leave messages. She misses her family and home already, but with the internet, leaving the only home you've known and loved in this day and age is certainly a lot easier than it ever has been before.

After I finished work, Epril and I sat around and listened to music. Then, at 6:30, Geoff and Honey May came over and we had margaritas and then went out to Bob's BBQ for his Wednesday rib special. We were going to go to a place called Sharky's in Jomtien, only to find that it had closed.

All in all, a fine day.

Oh... got the second day of my trip report put up. Scroll down or click here.

No comments: