Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Daily Report: Work Update

Up at the usual time. Did the usual amount of work. Made a salad for lunch, and ate Hormel canned tamales for dinner. (Getting rid of leftovers, ya know.)

I had a conference call with my company today. They are adding a second transcription software to my desktop. Fortunately I'm a late adapter, scheduled to have the software uploaded to my computer nearly 18 months after its initial release. "Fortunate," I say, because I have heard very few good things about the new software from people already using it.

What's worse, I discovered that the text expander program (the program that holds the thousands of "text shortcuts" that a transcriptionist uses to speed up their typing by as much double) that the company chose to use with the new software is incompatible with the old text expander program. In essence, this means that over 4 years of my text expander entries... literally thousands of them... cannot be used with the new software. (At least, that's what I've been led to believe.)

Anyway, currently, a full 100% of my work falls on the old transcription software, and I'm being trained for the new software only so that I can help out in that platform when needed; I won't be doing any regular work on that platform for the time being. (At least, that's what I've been led to believe.)

No comments: