Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Daily Report: I Need More Days Like This One

Up pretty early. Had a great day of work (9-to-5). Salad for lunch, chips and salsa for an early-evening snack, and about a pound of steamed peas for dinner.

TV was boring, but read my book and studied Thai for a couple of hours before going to bed at a reasonable hour.

If I could just hold that pose for the next year or so, I'd be set.

p.s.: I see that President Bush spent today comparing Iraq to Viet Nam, when just a few short years ago, he had steam coming out of his ears when Osama Bin Laden teased President Bush that, "Iraq is America's second Viet Nam." Well, nobody ever accused George Bush of being obstinate and refusing to accept advice and change his plan, strategy, and point of view when circumstance called upon him to do so. Right?

3 comments:

Brunty said...

Hey Jil. How are you actually feeling now eating more healthier foods?

I remember when I was 108 kilograms about 2 years ago and I just started eating better and a little exercise and it helped so much.

when I first started I remember about 3 weeks into the new schedule of eating I felt so much better. More energy, more spark I suppose you could say.

Well, now I am at 88 kilograms and hope to be around 80-82 by christmas time.

Keep it up Jil.

Jil Wrinkle said...

So far, I do feel a little bit better.

I was at about 230 pounds last month, and currently am down to 222 or so... although my exact starting weight is unknown.

My goal is to be 150 pounds by my 40th birthday, 23 months from now... although I'll settle for 160.

My ultimate goal is to get down to 140 pounds, and swim 500 yards in under 8 minutes... which should put me within reasonable comparison of my high school graduation trim of 135 pounds and 500 yards in 6 minutes. To reach that goal will take a at least 6 or 7 years though... if even possible in a 45-year-old body wracked by 3 decades of cigarettes, alcohol, sloth, and bad eating.

Well, my father went from 210 pounds at age 40 to running marathons at age 50, so in my family, anything is possible.

Brunty said...

Good to hear you have set yourself reasonable and attainable goals.

Good to see you have given yourself a good time barrier to acheive all this.

What I hate is that it's so easy putting the weight on but getting it off is another matter.

It looks like you have a good gene pool of determination in your family though.

Man, how can people run marathons. I ran a half marathon and also 24 kilometres in training last year when we were training for a fun run of 14 kilometres and that killed me for a few days.

Those people have unbeleivable pain thresholds.

Good luck with it all.