Sunday, August 26, 2007

Daily Report: Star Trek and Flashcards

I worked this morning, but by 10:00 all the regular accounts were empty, and I decided to call it quits. Today (this morning actually... American days end at noontime here in Thailand) was the last day of the pay period. I ended up doing better than okay, though short of what I hoped.

It was nice to actually be away from my computer during the morning hours for a change, and I took a little walk around the neighborhood. After that, I sat down in front of the TV and enjoyed a Star Trek movie marathon (numbers 4, 5, and 6) in Cinemax while flipping through my Thai flash cards (I've decided to pick up studying a bit again). I ate steamed asparagus and a salad for lunch.

In the evening, I went out to TQ2 and hung out with Stan, Jeff, and Russ, and two cute and bubbly sisters from Khorat who have started working at TQ2 lately. I think if I'm going to go out and drink alcohol, I'm going to drink beer: It has about the same number of calories as vodka tonic, but beer fills me up faster, and I don't / can't drink as much.

No comments: