Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Daily Report: The Big Three-Oh-Something

Today was my birthday... a fact I managed to ignore most of the day. I don't know why, but I like forgetting it's my birthday... pretending it's just another day.

I didn't get much work done today however: It was an awful day of work. I only put in 3 hours before noontime, and then never got back to work after that. Instead, I spent the afternoon watching stupid online video clips... my new addiction. Seriously, what can be more fun than watching 100 one-minute clips of interesting miscellany?

Anyway, my mother called at about 8:00 and reminded me that it was my birthday. She also talked to Pui the first time, though I doubt either of them understood a word the other said. We tried putting Pot on the phone too... but he didn't fare much better.

After that, Pui and Go shot out the lights, and presented me with a surprise birthday cake, junior-sized... with Mickey Mouse, candles, and a "Happy Birthday Mr. Jil" decorating the top. I thanked them, grinned for a few minutes as everybody hugged me, and said nice things to me and about me... and then after handing out 3 slices to Pui, Maid Go, and Pot, I proceeded to eat the rest of the entire cake by myself, leaving no evidence of the day that was.

8 comments:

Issarat said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIL...I didn't know you were a summer baby!

Best of luck to you in the highlight years!

Franky

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jil. You don't seem to happy about it. Thirty was an easy birthday for me. I didn't even notice it. Forty was the tough one. I started to feel it physically.

Jill get that weight down now, it's inevitable. Better now than later. You will enjoy your time so much more. I'm doing it now in my forties. Wish i realized and did it when I was thirty!
When I read your blog I can't believe how much you drink and how often. Your a smart guy. You understand medical conditions. Why are you ignoring the obvious problems that WILL occur..
I wish the very best for you and much happiness. It's all up to you.

I hope you take my comments as a "sometimes you just need to be told" by someone and NOT as an insult.

Jil Wrinkle said...

Thanks Anon and Issarat.

It's not my 30th birthday... it's my thirty-something birthday. The title of the post is a bit misleading.

Anonymous said...

Much happiness Jil on your birthday. And many more. Let's hope that someday you will think about what Anon says...so you will live a long, healthy and continuously happy life.

frortdrum said...

Happy Birthday Jil.
and wishes you many happy years to come.

Brunty said...

Happy forty something, oh sorry thirty something. Hope you had a great day and all your wishes came true.

charish said...

I am sorry I missed your bday. Happy Birthday to you. HA, HA you can not hear me singing.
Sarah

Jil Wrinkle said...

Anon on drinking:

Yes... thanks for a bit of mothering. It is appreciated, and taken with the polite urging in which it was offered. (It's only when people feel the need to pepper their advice to me with an insult or two that I get testy.)