Thursday, August 16, 2007

Daily Report: Damn You Evil Bob, Part 2

Managed to get up a bit earlier... but not much. Still got a late start to work. I cooked some stir fry vegetables for lunch.

Willie came by this afternoon, and we hung around and had a few beers. He and his friends are trying to build the world's fastest motorcycle. The "Vision One" project will go 200 MPH, and (what I suppose will be named) the "Vision Two" project will go twice as fast.

In the evening, it was off to Shooters where I hung out with Bob and Manfred. A fellow named Jeff from Michigan walked in and joined the party. When he found out my name, he said, "Jil? With one L, right?" Yup: One of my regular readers had run in to me... a rare treat. Willie joined us later in the evening.

Anyway, we sat around, Bob served tostadas, the drinks flowed, the drink bell was rung endlessly, we took turns buying rounds, and had a great time all evening.

So the diet starts back up again tomorrow.

Oh: Also, Bob (from Texas, in case you didn't know) keeps playing this Toby Keith song on the jukebox, "I Love This Bar" ("No cover charge, come as you are. Hmmm hmmm hmmm, I love this bar."), and now I can't get the song out of my head. Damn you again, Evil Bob.

1 comment:

charish said...

lol, It could be worse. you could be singing the Barney theme some or "this is the song that never end goes on and on my friend, some people started singing not knowing what it was and you continue singing it forever just because this the song that never ends....... lol, sorry I could not help it.