Sunday, August 05, 2007

Daily Report: Winding Down

I woke up on the train at 5:45 a.m. on the outskirts of Bangkok. I slept alone in a separate carriage, because I had purchased my ticket separately from Pui's. Her ticket had been purchased by Willie and Kak for one of their friends who was not able to go on the trip, and Pui inherited it.

We gathered everyone together in the Bangkok train station and all of the students except one (Cara, who is going to be coming to work for Rick's school for 3 months) said their goodbyes and headed off to great adventures teaching English in Thailand. Therefore, it was me and Pui, Willie and Kak, Rick and Da, and Da's kids Sarah and Peh (9-year-old daughter), and Pot, and as mentioned Cara, who piled into our waiting van and rode back to Pattaya. (I slept pretty much the entire 2 hours.)

Once we got back to the house, Maid Go took charge of our bags, I said goodbye to everyone and went up to my room and took a nice long shower. Then, I finished up my trip reports on the blog, put together all the photos, and did all the layout.

I was going to go out to TQ2 tonight and meet up with Stan, but at about 6:00 it started raining, and I was still sore from the rafting, tired from the train ride, and not wanting to go out riding on a motorcycle in even a light drizzle. (Yes, I know: A real man wouldn't let a motorcycle ride in the rain stop him from going out and cavorting with 20 frisky near-naked girls. My bad.)

Instead, I stayed home and made piƱa coladas, watched the Formula 1 Race from Hungary (it wasn't Massa's week), played around with Poopy Cat, and talked with Pui and Go about how much fun we had had in Laos.

No comments: