Thursday, August 09, 2007

Daily Report: Attempting A Beginning

Up as per usual. Work as per usual.

For lunch, I had Go pick up "pork lap" from the market. "Lap" is a dish a bit like ceviche... i.e. "cooked" in lemon juice. It has a bit of cilantro and onion added to it, as well as peppers and spices to give it a bit of fire. You then eat it with rice.

After lunch, I did 30 flights of stairs in my house as a bit of exercise. I didn't pass out, have any major body parts go numb, turn blue, or start smoking, so I guess I'm alright to try again tomorrow.

In the evening, I had some dried pea snack food and a fried onion for dinner. Oh... and all day long (except for my sweet coffee in the morning) I drank nothing but water. I watched the season premieres of "American Chopper" and "Mythbusters" on Discovery Channel to keep me distracted from the raging desire to eat that I was feeling.

At 10:00 it was off to bed, and I survived the first day of my new diet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If your very hungry the diet probably won't last.
I am told...you have to eat frequently...every two to three hours. It is working for me. First i did the Atkins diet for 3 months....I liked it because i could eat as much as i wanted so i could satisfy the hunger but no carbs or sugar. I lost 31 pounds. Then it stopped coming off. So i have now switched to the Fat Smash Diet. Eating more frequently but low calories and low fat....I have lost 4 more pounds. Three years ago I was 85 pounds heavier. If I can lose 40 more pounds i will be at my ideal weight. Good luck to you....don't let yourself get hungry.....keep feeding that metabolism. to keep it running and burning calories all day.

Jil Wrinkle said...

You are quite right. Eating 8 or 9 small meals a day is the best way to lose weight.

My goal is to be 150 pounds by my 40th birthday (2 years away).