Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Daily Report: Simply Done

I was up early, but had trouble with work: It seemed that every time I tried to download a dictation, my transcription software (the old version... thankfully not the godawful new version yet) told me that the voice file was corrupted.

Since voice files are corrupted about once every 200 times or so... and not 4 times in a row, I knew something was amiss. After about 2 hours of puzzling... and trying to get through to the help desk (but all circuits were busy), I vaguely remembered something similar to this odd problem before. I switched from DSL internet over to dial-up, and presto! The jobs downloaded without a problem. Weird. (Later in the afternoon, the problem seemed to have resolved as mysteriously as it had appeared.)

Anyway, as per usual (these days), I had Maid Go make some lo mein for lunch. I had a fairly good day of work (although it will need to be about 10% better now than previously... see yesterday's entry, The Squeaky Wheel).

In the evening, I spent a couple of hours on my new online project (results to be announced here on September 27th... stay tuned). Then, I went downstairs and watched TV... Red Dwarf on BBC... so smeggin' cool .

For dinner, I took some chopped grilled chicken and put it on slices of french bread, with a dollop of spaghetti sauce on top. Maid Go gets such a kick out of what I would call "bachelor food": Complete meals that take 5 minutes to prepare with only 2 or 3 ingredients. She is used to Thai food, which is a little more in-depth in preparation.

No comments: