Saturday, September 15, 2007

Daily Report: EBW (Everything But Work)

I woke up at 7:30, and spent some time blogging.

There is one hard-and-fast rule with me and sleep: I need a lot of it... 8 hours if I'm lucky, 9 hours more normally, and 10-plus hours occasionally. The rule is that for every hour under 8 hours of sleep that I don't get, I'm going to wind up sleeping for 2 hours at some point in the future to get caught up.

So, after 2 days in a row of sleeping 6½ or 7 hours — and only 6 hours last night — at midmorning today after finishing some blogging, I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer, and climbed back into bed until 1:00 in the afternoon.


Bob's new location (with the red,
white and blue awning) on Soi LK
Metro. Bob's BBQ will be open on
October 1st, Bob ensures me.
After waking up, instead of getting to work, it was out to do some chores. I stopped by and visited with Bob at his new location on Soi LK Metro. For those of you who have been to Bob's BBQ before, it is essentially the exact same size as his restaurant before, except that the wall in the back separating the dining room from the kitchen is 4 meters closer to the front of the restaurant than before... now in front of the stairs. The new location is much better though: As you walk down Soi LK Metro from Soi Diana, it is about halfway down on the left, two doors before Lolitas.

After visiting with Bob, I was a bad boy: I went to Slices for a calzone. I can actually feel my butt growing in response to my indiscretion. Oh well... the diet starts tomorrow.

I went and had a quick walk through the Major Shopping Center, newly opened across the street from Soi Post Office on Second Road. It is really quite a nice place and looks to have a lot of fancy shopping based on the smattering of stores that have already moved in. Shenanigans has moved from its old location in front of the Marriott to the second floor in front. Pattaya's largest cineplex is located all along the top 3 floors at the rear of the massive place.

After that, it was off to Big C Shopping Center in North Pattaya to get a haircut. Then, it was back home where I lazed about for a while before finally getting to work at 6:00 in the evening and... to my credit... I worked straight through until 11:30. Then, I had a beer and read by book.

No comments: