Monday, June 12, 2006

Slides Revisited

Last time I went to Pattaya Park, I took Pot on the little kiddie slide upon which my fat, friction-filled form would barely move.

This time, upon return, I decided to go up to the top slides (with their hump in the middle) and try one of those, hoping to go a little faster.

I did go faster. In fact, much faster. In fact, I broke Newton's law by going faster than all the little Thai people who were going down the slide. I literally launched into the air on the hump and landed 15 or 20 feet further down the slide. I hit the water at the bottom at a blistering pace... with my legs tragically splayed about 18 inches apart. Oompfh. That one trip was my last for the day. Fast or slow, I always manage to break something, it seems.

There were Thai guys going down the big slides standing... surfing, with their hands guiding them on the top edges of the half tubes. They weren't going slow either. If I was 17 years old again, oh hell yes.

(image snatched from http://www.pattayapark.com)

No comments: