Thursday, June 15, 2006

Pui's Birthday

Today was Pui's sixth or seventh 19th birthday party, which was held at TQ2 tonight. All of our friends managed to show up. It had crossed my mind to do a "dozen-people-out-to-dinner" thing for Pui, but being a Thursday night, I quickly realized that our dozen-or-so friends would all be out to dinner at TQ2 for Bob's all-you-can-eat buffet. Therefore I just held the party where everyone was planning to be at anyway. (It's really the only way you can get everybody to show up for anything in Pattaya: Find out where everyone is going to be at a given time, and then tell them that is where they should be at that given time. Works like a charm.)

In the parking lot outside Marine Disco, Pui ran into an old friend of hers from Petchabun. Her boyfriend was an old fellow from Oklahoma whom I know: A guy named Dan Prather, maker of some fine custom pool cues. (I wish my skill at pool were only half as great as my love of pool cues.) We invited them along with us to Pui's birthday party. The more the merrier, as always.

Rick, Da and Justin were at the party, and Justin wound up being a judge in another one of Bob's wet T-shirt contests. As per usual, breast size had very little to do with the outcome, as all 6 contestants' 12 breasts added together wouldn't add up to 1 single D-cup breast. Oh well, you work with what God gave you, and who Steve hired. Justin wasn't complaining though.

Pui actually was fighting a bad sore throat all day, so I pulled out my old bag of tricks: I gave Pui cure after cure (salt water gargle, chicken soup, vitamin C, Tylenol, throat spray, repeat, repeat, repeat) until she got fed up with my ministrations and declared herself healed (even though she wasn't) just so I would leave her alone. Works like a charm.

On the way home from TQ2 I stopped at the crepe stall next to the entrance of Marine Hotel for a banana chocolate crepe. After a dinner of chili dogs and ribs, it was the perfect finish... diet notwithstanding.

No comments: