Friday, June 30, 2006

The Most Expensive Beer

Someone at the bar last night told me about Sam Adams making a $100-a-bottle beer, to which I thought he must be joking (or was repeating someone else's joke), but it is quite true.

Granted, it isn't a carbonated beverage, and seems to be better classified as a malt liquor. Ratebeer.com threw around words like "brandy" and "bourbon" and "burn", which are words one does not normally associate with a tall cool 'un.

It sounds interesting though. I wouldn't drop $100 on a bottle, but hopefully another brewer will be coming out with something similar sometime soon that is more reasonably priced.

If you want a less pricier (but still amazing) beer experience, I recommend Westvleteren Trappist Ale (either the 8 or the stronger 12, though I prefer the 8) at about $8 to $10 a bottle in America. Granted, it is still expensive, but once you taste it, you'll understand.

No comments: