Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Daily Report: Pizza and Passports

I had a good stretch of work in the morning, and got in half of my goal in the afternoon.

For lunch, it was out to Valentino's for lunch with Glen, Stan, and Mick. I had pizza, while Glen had ravioli, which I'm set to order next time I go.

Question: Is it true that when foreigners leave the United States, immigration does not check their passports and/or stamp them out of the country? This seems impossible to me, but Glen insists that is the way that it is. (Stan says it is the same for England.) I looked on the internet and couldn't find any reference one way or the other. If you happen to know, tell me in the comments.

This evening, Pui and I sat down and watched another 3 episodes of "24". Another two days and we'll be done with the first season.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jil take a look at the US Homeland Security website. They are testing a biometric system. So right now there are 12 ports of entry where they are checking as people leave. It is called US-VIsit.

Anonymous said...

Here is another page to look at, http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Analysis_Biometric_exit_check_dead.html

This states that the biometric exit tracking that the us wanted to use is dead.

PS, That picture of Neal looks a lot like someone else I know.